Wisconsin GI Bill
The Wisconsin GI Bill waives full tuition and segregated fees for eligible veterans and their dependents for up to eight semesters or 128 credits, whichever is greater, at any University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System school.
A qualifying Veteran is either a current Wisconsin resident who was either:
- A Wisconsin resident at the time of entry into active military service.
- A Wisconsin resident for at least five consecutive years preceding the beginning of any semester or session for which he or she registers at a qualifying institution.
Eligible Family Member
A qualifying Veteran’s spouse or child may use this benefit if the Veteran has been awarded a service connected disability rating of at least 30% by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or died in the line of duty or as a result of a service connected disability.
The spouse or child must meet the same residency requirements as the Veteran.
Military Service Requirements
The individual upon whom eligibility is based (qualifying Veteran) must meet one of the following:
- Served on active duty 90 days or more during a war period
- Served on active duty at least two continuous years or full initial service obligation during peacetime
- Regardless of length of active duty, was honorably discharged due to:
- Service-connected disability
- Disability subsequently adjudicated to have been service connected
- Reduction in the U.S. armed forces
- Received the:
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Vietnam Service Medal
- Navy Expeditionary Medal
- Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal
- Served for any period under Section 1 of Executive Order 10957 dated August 10, 1961
For more information click HERE.